Thursday, May 17, 2012

Week #2 Loving the MTC


Hey Everyone! Wow I can’t believe its already going on the second week here! I hate to say it but they're right! Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days! I wish it would slow down becuase I recieved my travel plans to go to Peru and I found out that there is no english spoken there. I don’t know a lick up spanish yet. I'm starting to understand a little more when americans speak slow spanish (just a little) but when my native teacher hermana Ruiz talks it sounds like one word. But all I can do is keep trying my hardest right. Hopefully it will come! Becuase right now it feels like its going to take the whole two years just to barley talk. If anyone is reading this thats in high school spanish! Learn as much as you can and don’t slack off like I did! Well a lot happened this week! First off on monday a guy came into our class and heard my companion elder Remington speak and said you need to be in advanced! I knew he wasn’t normal! He was practically fluent and I was like either I'm suppose to be in beginner or your suppose to be in advanced. So we were reasigned companions. He's now in another zone and I'm missing him a ton! He was an awesome first companion! It was hard to get him up and going in the mornings but once he was all there it was great to work with him. He helped me everyday with spanish and we connected really well. (He's from northern CA, took 4 years of spanish in HS and in college, and went to BYU). But now I have a trio companionship with elder Jarvis and elder Baker, who do not get along at all! Elder Baker is from ohio. I'll be honest and say that we have absolutely nothing in common! Haha... But he is really good at spanish and is having to be patient with the rest of us. Elder Jarvis is here from utah and we have tons in common which makes things a lot easier. Plus we both are on the same level of spanish so it makes me feel better. I have learned to love them both! Oh, I was called to be district leader on monday. Its been cool and is teaching me how to really listen and care about others. Oh back to spanish real quick... something funny happened that you might enjoy. So we were teaching a lesson in class and I was trying so hard to speak and I thought it was actually coming and when I tried to say Jesus came to save all the children in this world I said "Jesus came to save all the children in the store". I had no idea, and everyone started laughing. It was a good laugh and has happened many times since! But thats how you got to learn right!? Well the spirit is so strong here! I love it! I don’t know how you can hate it here! Tuesday night devotional, Elder D. Todd Christofferson came and spoke and it was amazing! I loved every word he said and wish I could share it all with you! One thing he said that really hit me was "when you walk in that door, you contain the kingdom of God in your hands..." Sometimes it easy to forget our purpose here but when I think about why I’m really here, to invite others to come unto Christ... It makes it a lot easier to keep going. I love what I am really here to do. To change the lives of my brothers and sisters around the world and bring them the joy and happiness of the Gospel! I am so excited! I can’t wait! I have the knowledge of the Gospel that I know to be true! I have in my hands the Book of Mormon. And it is my job to share it, and share the joy that I have been blessed with. Well what else to say... What do you want to know! There’s a bunch going on but my mind can’t think this fast with the amount of time we have to write. Well, I love and miss all of you so much! I hope all is well. You are in my prayers every day! But as much as I miss you, I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. I know I will grow from this myself but more importantly it is for the people I am to see in Ecuador and wherever I am directed to go. I've come up with a little motto for myself that really helps me. I say to myself "Brad, you got two years to do it! And the rest of eternity to look back on it!" I am going to give it all I got! I know it will be hard, its already been one of the hardest weeks of my life, but I know this is the Lords work! Wish me luck! I love you all!
Elder Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment