Monday, September 10, 2012

The Power of Prayer


Hola! Coma Estas? I hope everyone is doing well! I don’t really know what’s going on over there other than the fact that everyone is starting school. Hope its all goin well! Well I can’t really say what but something happened this week that has made everything a lot better. I am very excited to serve this mission and give it everything I got! Only 2 years to serve the lord 100%! So, a lot happened this week but nothing really to share. I wont lie it was a long week. haha. But wasn’t bad at all, just a long week. I don’t know why. I was talking to an elder that has been out a decent amount of time and he said every week is different. Sometimes there are weeks that feel like eternity and others that are like wow! It’s been awesome because the majority of the weeks in the mish so far have been like wow. This really is fast! So I’m hoping things return back to that. Well, something that has really been big for me this week is prayer. I have never prayed so much in my life than on the mission but this week it has really started to hit me how important prayer is and how much I love the opportunity and gift of being able to talk to our father in heaven. I honestly could not do this without God my and our loving father in heaven. I love my personal prayers and am learning how to really just talk to my father in heaven. It is not just something I do like it used to be. Now its actually something. I don’t know how to explain it. But I have a developed a large testimony on prayer and I can testify that god answers every single one if we have faith. I love the book of Enos in the Book of Mormon and how it says if we ask in faith we will receive. It is so so so true! Speaking of prayer, I was in the house of the zone leaders with a bunch of missionaries from the zone and we had a prayer together before bed and it hit me that I’m praying with elders from Ecuador, Peru, Guatemala, Honduras, and Brazil. How cool is that! No matter what country, who you are, what language, or whatever. We all have the same loving father in heaven that we can pray to. Well, you are all in my prayers every day and night! Thank you so much for all your love and support! I love and miss you so much! 
Elder Jacobsen 


No comments:

Post a Comment