Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Funerals

Well that week went by crazy fast! The weeks are going by faster and faster! This is starting to scare me! I have so much to learn so much to improve and so many more people I want to teach but i feel like not enough time.

Well I hope everyone is doing well! I am doing great! Life is good. Honestly, when you decide to live the gospel and put your heart to the will in the lord and trust him, life doesnt get better. There is a huge different between the happiness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the little buzz of happiness with things of the world. Please trust me when I say the joy and peace of living righteously is a 100x better than that of living in the sin of the world. Well, lately we have seen tons of funerals. We've been told that lots die in the rainy seasons because thats when the sicknesses and diseases spread like crazy. And it mainly starts from the air because the drainage system and trash system is horrible here. I shouldn't really say system because there isnt one. So all the crud and trash that sits in the streets and dries up gets blown into the air and when it rains it like steams off in the streets.  Its weird. Anyway, that is the result they explained to us when we asked why there are so many funerals. Literally like every other day we run into a group of like 300 just walking in the streets taking turns carrying the casket and they are all singing and drinking. Its really quite interesting. I guess its tradition or something when someone dies all the people that knew him gather together to have a parade.

Well, today was sweet. We went to the mission office in Guayaquil to drop off some forms and I got to see two of my great buds. Elder Christiansen and Elder Randell from my district in the CCM (MTC). Great friends. Elder C is the secretary and Elder Randell is the Financero (dont know how to say it). We got a good laugh because we talked at the beginning of the mission about who would get called to the office all saying no but they did. And we joked around about some good times. Both of them have gained quite a bit. We were all fairly skinny but they told me that the rice and oil is getting to them. haha. But the best part is when we said ¨remember the last time we were in this office together and we didnt understand a word anyone was saying, and now were all talking fluently in spanish¨. It was sweet. We took a pic with some big hugs and Adios. Gotta love the guys that serve the lord with ya. They are all great examples to me.

Well not much more to say. We have a great investigator that we are preparing to get baptized. His name is Isidro Garcia. He is about 50 years old and really is changing his life. Please pray for him that he can continue to fight his temptations against the word of wisdom and chastity. Weve had a lot of difficulties but i promised him that through the atonement of Christ and the love of God he can do it! I know he can! God loves us and truly is a God of miracles! Keep him in your prayers! Your all in my prayers! I love and miss you tons! Talk to ya soon!

Elder Jacobsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment