Monday, October 8, 2012

I have my first "hijo"


Well how is everyone doing? I hear it’s like in the 100 degrees in Cali right now. Crazy! Maybe you get to feel a little bit of the heat I feel. haha. But really, I hope everyone is just doing great! Well, as you already know I have had my first switch in companions. Elder Wittee se fue a Porto Viejo. It’s suppose to be one of the nicest areas in the misison so I’m excited for him. And I picked up my new elder or what we call here in the mission your ¨kid¨or ¨hijo¨. haha. It’s pretty funny some of the misisonary slang they have. Well my companion is definitely new! Se llama Elder Barragan from Colombia! I was pretty excited when I found out he was from Columbia because I know a lot of people have served there! But holy cow he talks different. It’s crazy how different the slang and phrases and just the way people talk is so different in the same language but in different countries or even different parts of the same country. So I didn’t realize how tough training is. I feel bad for Elder Wittee. I hope I wasn’t too hard for him. haha. My elder, poor guy doesn’t know anything. And I want to chew out his cousins because apparently they told him to ignore his letter of what to bring and they told him he only needed 4 white shirts doesn’t need bedding or practically anything. So he’s borrowing my stuff right now which is all 100x too big for him but we don’t have another option because he has no money. The only money he has is a ton of pesos from Colombia which I have no idea what to do with. Anyway, trainings training. I promised myself that I will never be a companion were the younger one has to tell the older to get to work or to wake up or anything like that. So thats what I’m doing. It’s extremely hard to communicate with him right now and he doesn’t talk too much to begin with because he’s a little timid with everything new and I kept wondering what to do. What do I do? How am I supose to train this guy? And the only thing that came to my mind is “example”. The Lord has planned that in some way I am to train this new elder. And right now the only thing I can think of is example. So I’m just going to work as hard as I possibly can! So, this last week has been a little crazy with changes and stuff so not much to say about the sector. Oh but Elder Magil got called to train also Elder Christiansen got called to start training as the new mission secretary. haha. They’re calling my group like crazy but it was way nice to see them and wow I found out that my health has not been too bad after all. haha. Both of them have recently been in the hospital. One with shingles and some other thing we don’t know what its called and the other had samonila. So ya, I’m just gonna cross my fingers. Anyway, things are good. I’m just ready to give it all I got, try to bring as many as I can to the gospel, and make it through these next couple months with my kid. haha. I love and miss you all so much. I’ll try to send pictures next week because this computer is having problems. Love ya!
Elder Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment