Monday, July 8, 2013

Four Titles

Que Tal Familia! (y amigos) O man, les extrano y les quiero bastante! Pero se que el Senor les esta cuidando y bendiciendo! In English it means I love you all soooooo much! And I just hope you are all  having an amazing summer and living up life and overall, living up this great gospel that we are so blessed to have! Well this week has been a pretty solid week! We've been workin hard to find some new investigators, and we sure did. We found a young adult named Jovani. He's great! He came to church this week. He is way way smart! He understands a ton of english and history.  It's almost scary teaching him because he knows so much! But he's way interested and excited to read the Book of Mormon. As we explained the Restoration and everything to him, he said it appears great and if it was true everything would all make sense. Please keep him in your prayers so that he can gain a testimony! We can't teach him hardly at all because he's always working. And we also have Jose Luis who is a young man thats assisted church with us a few times but still is unsure. He knows deep down, but we're still trying to find his fear. Your prayers with Miguel have been helping becasue he's been improving but he wasn't able to get baptized. It was really tough. He was all ready and wasn't giving into his tempation. And the night before his baptism his so called friends practically forced him and  tempted him and he fell. But we're not going to give up on him! Well I think I will say this for the rest of my life, but I am really developing a love for studying the gospel! It is changing my life! And it is a 100x better when you apply it and just see the differences in your life. This week I was studying over one of my new favorite talks called ¨Four Titles¨ from Pres. Uchtdorf. Wow, it is a great talk! I was able to really study it in depth and it has helped change, increased and strengthen my perspective of who I am and who I want to be greatly! It is just inspiring to be a better young man, missionary, friend, son, brother, future husband and father and a lot more. I have realized that we can all truly become great! We as disciples of Christ do not have to be average. We do not have to live the ways of the natural man! We can grow and literrally become something great! I loved what Pres Uchtdorf said. He said, ¨All though none of us are perfect, we do not use that fact as an excuse to lower our expectations, to live beneath our privleges, to delay the day of repentance, or to refuse to grow into Better, More Perfect, More refined followers of our master and king.¨ God wants us to become like him! Great! Glorious! We can accept that we will never be perfect but that doesn't mean we can't strive to become close and be the best we can! The closer we become to our potential the happier we will be. We can become BETTER and REFINDED. Each day as we ponder and pray on how to become a better son or Daughter of God. I testify that God will help us! He wants us to shine! He wants us to come to him! HE LOVES US! ¨Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now multiply that love by an infinite amount. That is the measure of Gods love for you!¨ Those words come from an apostle of the Lord. I testify of those words! I have felt the pure love of Christ in my life and I feel the love of my God every day! If we pray, read the scriptures, repent, set goals, and show faith in this gospel EVERY DAY! I promise with all my heart, you will feel the love of God EVERY DAY! You will be able to have that faith and hope in your heart that we are literally on the path home to our LOVING FATHER IN HEAVEN! And if we do our best, he will welcome us with open arms and joy that we can not imagine! I Testify of these things! And I will for the rest of my life! It is real happiness! And I Know that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU can feel the same Love of God! Search your heart, apply the gospel, and watch your heart change and your perspective of this plan of happiness. Cuidanse mucho! 
Elder Jacobsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment