Monday, July 1, 2013

Attitude Enthusiasm Determination


Well hello hello! Happy future 4th of July! Its funny because lots of people here no that its a big day in the US. So hows everyone doing! Enjoying a great summer im sure! Im doing absolutly great! Just love love love this mission! And yes, I am officially still part of the Ecuador Guayaquil NORTH mission! Which i am way excited about! I get to stay with my Papi Amaya (President) and just ya. Im excited. I wont be seeing the beach though. I only saw it one time for a conference in Manta. It was beautiful but i think its a good thing i wont be seeing it becasue that way i dont get tempted to go jump in! haha, just kiddin, i would never do that. But yes, i am definitly a beach lover. But i got the rest of my life for that! 

So Our Zone is doing great here. We honestly have a great group of misisonaries here. All working hard! We stayed in our sector a bit more this week. It was nessicary because we need more people to teach. But we have a great brother that is fighting to be ready to be baptized this week. Miguel. He will be baptized this week if he can hold strong against a few things. Please keep him in your prayers. His goal is to enter the temple to do baptisms with is wife the 24th. Were really working with him! 

So ive really really been trying to just improve my attitude. I know I talk about Attitude all the time but it really is somthing that i have found to be very important in my life and important for anyone. I have learned that when we truley learn to have a good attitude in all situations we will be a hundred times happier. And Attitude includes many things.For example, an attitude of positivity, trust, love, optomistic, fun, funny, and just happy.Also an attitude of Faith and Hope through the atonement of Christ. I love what Elder Neal A Maxwell has said. He said that we should develop ¨Hope through the Atonment of Christ¨. ¨Hope is a realistic anticipation which takes the form of Determination, not only to survive adversity, moreover, to endure it well.¨I think that is essencial to a great attitude and somting i really want to develop! Everyone can say each morning that theyre going to have a good attitude. Thats great! But usually that last an hour, half an hour, or whenever the first bad thing happens. But we can overcome that in literally be happy throughout the day and everyday. We need that DETERMINATION to endure it well and do it with ENTHUSIASM. Theres a great quote that says ¨Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. Wehn you do a thing, do it with you might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your OWN personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your objective. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.¨ We can achieve GREAT things every day. I testify of that! And this past year i have truley been able to see that. Those days that i just decide to be happy and do my best no matter what struggle or let down comes along, have been some of the greatest days in my mission and in my life. And i want to develop that more and more. I know we can all do this. We wont be perfect, but we can give it our best, and i promise we will feel the hope and joy that comes from the heavens and the power of the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. May we all just smile and think of the good things over the tougher things and just have a great day! I love you all so much! Take care!

Elder Jacobsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment