Thursday, January 3, 2013

No Changes


So i cant even tell you how happy I am. I wasn¹t changed! Hardly ever are you in a sector more than 6 months but I don¹t know if President or God is just being way nice to me and letting me pass the Christmas here in Monte Sinai. I have at least another 3 weeks here if not a full 6 weeks! We were waiting for the call last night and next thing I know its morning and I jumped out of bed and was like wahoo! Haha. So It was a great little Christmas week here in Monte. Me and Elder Barragan had some fun going on some xmas runs being little elves and dropping some things off to some of our converts and families we know here. It was great to see how happy they were just to get a simple box of chocolate or a mini xmas tree with lights and just little tiny gifts. I love the Christmas spirit of joy and happiness. Theres nothing better than just being able to think about Christ and how lucky we are that through his love we can return with our father in heaven. At first I was kinda dreading Christmas time knowing that I wouldn¹t be able to spend it with my family but I am now starting to enjoy it realizing that I really only have two times in my whole life to spend Christmas in another country in a completely different experience and as a representative of the Lord. It¹s a very humbling experience and something I will never forget! Well, the work is good. After our noche blanca weve been a little short on investigadors and were workin our hardest to find new people that are that are being prepared to come unto Christ. Well the mission is going to change in the year. Big time! I shouldn¹t say the mission. I should say the mission work in the world. We got word that as of a couple weeks ago there are over 12,000 in the process of putting in there mission papers to get their calls. That is nuts! So crazy! And the other news we got is practically that sisters are going to take over. Haha. Just kidding. But in the next few changes over 30 sister missionaries for the least will be arriving. We don¹t even have 30 sisters in the mission as it is so it will be interesting how it all plays out. Its an exciting time the obra misional. Well I love you all so much and I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! I love and miss you all tons!

Elder Jacobsen 

Pics:Me and Elder Barragan as elfos! haha.  
















One of my favorite familys that just got baptized with pictures and testimonys from the Leibheart family! I didnt forget! I translated your testimonys and shared them with the Zambrano family! They loved it and wish you a merry christmas! 


The last picture is with another favorite family of mine. The familia jara with our little xmas tree (thanks fam!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment