Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Most Loving and Humble People

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooo! So I was in one of the churches on Tuesday morning preparing for our Zone Conference with my companion.  Some of us were doing garden work when I thought I recognized one of them and sure enough I did! It was BISHOP CHEME from MONTE SINAI! (Reference the pic with the fish and pig leg)... wow, it was so great to talk to him. Especially to be able to speak to him in spanish. I didnt have much time but he told me great great things about many of my converts! I was the happiest guy in the world and still am! The Zambrano family is firm in the faith! The complete family! BROTHER Zambrano is now secretario of the ward and his wife a teacher in sunday school and wow. I was just so happy. And Obispo Cheme said he was going to say hi to everyone for me. 

But I also recieved some tough news. As you know Monte Sinai in not completly legal and the goverment has come back in to take it over. They are taking houses down and from what he told me its tough becase many of the people are losing their homes and they have no idea what to do there. Please pray for them! They are the most humble and loving people I have ever met in my life! Keep them in your prayers that they can find peace and hope whether they are permitted to stay or if they have to leave. 

Well, we had a baptism this weekend. It was really great! Like 30 members showed up to support! This is by far the strongest ward I have been in! Great leaders and great members! The family Chavez are some of my greatest friends. They just take care of everything for us. We call the mom Mamita Chavez! They showed us a bit of Guayaquil today for PDAY! It was great! Man, I just absolutly love this place! It's so beautiful! People are great and I love this work!  Life is good! We can all just look at the best in every day and I promise you it will be a good day! I love and miss you all so much! Cuidense! 


Elder Jacobsen 



No comments:

Post a Comment