Monday, August 27, 2012

Surprised Again!




Como estas mi familia y amigos!? How is everything going back in the states and Cali! Sounds like everyone is back in school! wow!!! Time sure does go by fast! Already has been a summer! I’m so glad everyone made it through safe and life is going good. It is literally the best to hear that everyone is doing good. Most comforting feeling in the world. Well things are going really good here. I have finally gotten pretty decent good health back. I feel somewhat myself now. haha. Knock on wood. For all I know I’ll get hit tomorrow. jk. But ya, I’m exercizing and doing all I can to stay as healthy as possible. Hence the word possible. Oh and I’m scared out of my mind with weight. I thought for sure I would lose weight on the mission. Apparently it’s the complete opposite. All the gringos have legit guts. Bueno, not all but the majority have lost everything on their body and have gained guts because of the crazy amounts of grasa we eat here and all the rice. Imagine a popcorn bowl full of rice. We eat about two to three of those every day. haha. It’s crazy. The lunches are huge here. It’s awesome but for the first time in my life I don’t want to eat all of it. haha. But they sit there in literally just watch you eat. hahah. It’s so awkward at times. So ya, I’m a little nervous. And the half hour to exercise is like nothing!! But ya, and spanish still is spanish...But I have come to realize something that I haven’t noticed like I should. I have been blessed with the gift of tongues regarding the gospel. I understand more that half of what’s going on in the lessons and am able to share more than just my testimony now. And ya, I can’t complain because I’m not here to learn spanish I’m here to share the gospel and if I only understand church spanish then so be it. haha... 

Well I was surprised again. Had a great baptism yesterday with a boy named Jose. Such a great kid and I have really really enjoyed teaching him. It just so happened that every time except once I taught him on a split or intercambio so ya he chose me to baptize him and I was excited because I know he’s going to be strong throughout his life in the church. He loves the gospel. But the surprise was not the baptism. The suprise was 3 minutes before  sacrament meeting the second counselor comes up to me and says something like the boy wants you to do the confirmation. I was like what!?!?!? haha, I don’t even know how to do it in english. I was so tempted to say no I can’t or don’t know how but then I thought its not me. its Jose and God. Anyway thanks to the missionary manual and a nice prayer of help and comfort haha all went well. I think its time to use a couple of my personal study hours and study all the blessing and orenanzas and what not. haha. Anyway, ya. Things are always good when there’s a baptism. We had two weekends in a row. That’s awesome! And we might have more in a couple weeks if we can get our investigators to come to church! Crossing my fingers and praying. Me and Elder Wittee have worked out some things and I am really pleased with how the companionship is mejorando. We are both just giving everything we got for our last month we have together and want as much success as possible! Well, I love and miss you all so much! So So SO much! 
Elder Jacobsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment